Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tagaytay Getaway: Tower Ground Bulalohan

This bulalo house is located at Aguinaldo Hi-way, Tagaytay City. A swarm of overlooking bulalo houses in Aguinaldo Hi-way awaits you, plenty of choices to choose from. I didn’t get to eat much, I haven’t eaten Bulalo for almost 6 years now, and I hadn’t had the chance to try Sisig as well. When it comes to food musings, I’m not that good when it comes to describing meat dishes. I’m sorry, but I already asked my siblings to describe it for me.

The place looks like a canteen. It’s an open-house type eatery, so if you’re more on the upper class side, steer away from this place. 

So here’s what we’ve ordered:

Kapeng Barako: P48
Barako coffee has a strong caffeine content.
It's Batangas' well loved coffee. :)  

Pork Sisig: P200

Extra Bulalo: P380
(sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the entire earthen pot) 


My siblings loved the Sisig. I asked hubby to have a taste as well and claims that it’s that good too. (I’m so sorry if I can’t elaborate. Hahaha! I already forgot what meat tastes like!) 

Hubby and I ordered Calamares and Fresh Lumpia (sorry, I wasn’t able to take pictures because we’re too famished, LOL). I’m so disappointed with both. The squid’s overcooked and it’s almost like chewing rubber. I have braces and my teeth hurt like hell! The veggies from the lumpia filling were soggy. It looks like it has been reheated a dozen times.

scenic view of Taal Lake :)

There’s a corkage fee, a minimum of P1300 order so you could use the huts located at the bottom of the resto, which overlooks an amazing view of Taal lake. This place is a good bulalo house, hence, the name. It’s a nice place to hang out with family and friends.

w/ my siblings, Paul and his brother Chie

good cheap eats! for only P200 per head! :)

Next time, I’ll just bring my own food. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

let me know what you think :)